- This event is over.
Do-and-demo day; experience the passion of the craftsman
31 juli 2018 13:30 - 16:30
In July and August, our professionals are on standby every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. There are demonstrations, short guided tours and of course you can get to work yourself. This way you will experience how all those special and everyday things that can be seen at Museum Joure were made in the past.
During the Do-It-Yourself & Demo Days, different professionals will be present (the attendance changes each time), for example:
- The tea packer, see how he makes the tea pack machine run. All the cogs interlock to make a teabag with staple and string.
- The printers, in the print shop they tell with love about their profession. They run printing presses and guide the visitor through the printing of their own bookmark.
- The silversmith shows how a silver wire is pulled and how best to polish the silver.
- While hammering, the coppersmith tells about Klaas Dijkstra from Sneek, who produced copper gifts for Douwe Egberts around 1930.
- The coffee roaster, how coffee is roasted from the green Arabica beans, explains the coffee roaster and there is also a lot to tell about the operation of the Probat bulb roaster.
- The baker, with the coffee belongs a delicious homemade Frisian biscuit, a dûmke, which the baker bakes with great care.
- And a lot more...
During the Do-It-Yourself & Demo Days there are always several professionals on standby (not always all at the same time). In addition, there will be tour guides, who will tell beautiful stories about the Jouster clockmakers and coppersmiths. Children and adults can of course also enjoy themselves, grinding coffee or making a bookmark. You can also make a nice crazy trill or take a quiet swing on the swing network in the large garden of Museum Joure.
For the demonstration days, you do not pay a surcharge, but the normal entrance fee to the museum (€ 7.00 for adults, including a cup of coffee or tea).